Community Planner - Planning & Building
Planning & Building
(Up to a 13 Month Term)
To lead, facilitate and manage change in Brandon by preparing, managing and implementing plans, strategies and frameworks and processing development applications.
MANDATORY QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Grade 12, G.E.D., or Mature High School Diploma;
- Degree in Planning from an accredited university as outlined by the Professional Standards Board (PSB) for the Planning profession in Canada or approval through the prior learning assessment route as outlined by the PSB;
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Three years’ experience in development control;
- Experience in a government setting;
- Certification as a Registered Professional Planner;
- An equivalent combination of experience and education shall be considered.
Competition # 200062
Please apply with a cover letter and resume by clicking the "Apply" button below.
Posted on: October 8, 2020
Applications will be accepted until 11:59 p.m. on November 5, 2020.
This opportunity is open to all applicants; however, first consideration will be given to current City of Brandon CUPE employees.
The selection process for this competition will include testing and an interview.
The City of Brandon reserves the right to underfill this position.
Position Conditions: This is a full-time, term position of 36.25 hours per week. It will be offered in accordance with conditions identified in the Collective Agreement between the City of Brandon and CUPE Local 69.
For complete position details and requirements see the Job Description on the City of Brandon website.
The City of Brandon is committed to an inclusive, barrier free environment and will accommodate the needs of applicants under the Accessibility for Manitobans Act (AMA) throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. We thank all applicants for their interest; only those advancing in the competition will be contacted. If contacted to participate in the process, please advise if you require an accommodation.
Serving and Building Community.
Rate of Pay
|P-3012||Required Before Job Starts|
|P-NEHO||Required Before Job Starts|